Blasting occurs in the Sudanese capital as the violent conflict enters its fourth day

    On Tuesday, the capital of Sudan, Khartoum, faced an explosion attack amid escalating demands from abroad for a stop to hostilities. Reports claim nearly 200 deaths on the fourth day.

    The forces of Army head Abdel Fattah al-Burhan and his deputy, Mohamed Hamdan Daglo, who is in charge of the military Rapid Support Forces (RSF), engaged in a battle of authority that had been going on for weeks before erupting on Saturday in deadly bloodshed.

    There are concerns that regional spillover from the conflict, which has involved airstrikes, firearms, and intense gunfire, will occur as battles take place across the large East African nation.

    As loud blasts could be heard on Tuesday morning in Khartoum and militias in turbans and suits watched the streets, the G-7 Foreign Ministers meeting in Japan issued a statement urging the warring sides to “end the violence immediately.”

    The last and purest days of Ramadan are spent by terrified citizens of the capital city looking out their windows as guns rumble through the streets, buildings tremble, and smoke from fires sparked by the fighting lingers in the air.

    According to the UN, the current death toll exceeds 185 and injuries exceed 1,800.

    In a conversation with the two generals, U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken reportedly “underscored the urgency of calling for a ceasefire.”

    According to “Save the Children and MSF,” three members of the UN “World Food Programme” were reportedly among those killed on Saturday in Darfur, where aid organisations have reported having their medical and other equipment robbed.

    The country, where a quarter of its population requires aid, has seen a number of NGOs temporarily halt activities.

    Influential northern neighbour Egypt claimed to have discussed “the need to make every attempt to safeguard security and protection” with Saudi Arabia, South Sudan, and Djibouti, all key supporters of Sudan.

    The Egyptian military “trainers” who were taken hostage by RSF forces on Saturday at an aviation base were urged to “return to the discussion table” by President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, who also stated that he was working to secure their release.